5 min read
This week Edd started his new job! So, on Monday he flew out to England and he has been there until Saturday. Meaning, this week SJ and I were home alone. (You can read more about our job and life changes in my life update post.) We missed Edd of course, but it has been a good week. Here are some of the highlights:
- On Sunday we hosted church at our house which was lovely. We sang some songs, discussed a section in the gospel of Mark and ate together.
- In the afternoon we visited my parents together with my brother and his kids, like we do most weeks. I am so grateful for my family and enjoy so much to live so close to them.
Monday + Tuesday
- Edd’s flight was not until the evening on Monday. In the morning, while I was at work and SJ in nursery he deep-cleaned the entire flat. It was so so nice to come home to!
- On Tuesday my mum helped me with some admin bits and in the afternoon her, SJ and I went to IKEA. We bought a few boxes for SJs toys, a cutting board and file organisers. Afterwards we took SJ to a shoe shop and she got some new slippers. They have cats on them, so obviously she is a big fan!
- Wednesday was a great day! After taking SJ to nursery I went to the local pool for a swim. It was such a good start to the day.
- After work, I picked SJ up and we bought some playdough. Orginally my plan had been to go to the playground but it was super cold, so this was the indoor alternative. She loved it! I just didn’t anticiapte that playdough makes so much mess. However, it was worth it!
- On pancake day last week I discovered two things: 1) I had forgotten how delicious they are. 2) My pancake frying skills are severly lacking. So, I decided to have another pancake dinner. It was very well received, despite only marginally better pancakes. I used this recipe, which tasted great!
- I took the day off on Thursday so I could look after SJ in the afternoon. She was pretty tired after nursery and a bit moody. After playing indoors for a while we went to the garden which cheered her up. But then she got hungry. Haha. Overall, it was a lovley afternoon though.
- At night it was the first parents evening at nursery. It was great to get to know all of the nursery teachers and the other parents a little bit. I loved seeing all that SJ is learning and the activities she does there each morning.
- Friday morning was very productive. I did lots of admin, a mini workout, washed my hair, wrote a blog post and did some laundry and gardening.
- In the afternoon I took SJ to the library for the first time. She seemed to think she was in heaven! She was so excited by all the different books and the space to run around in.
- Like every morning this week, we got up around 6am (which is a great improvement over 4am!), so we had lots of time in the morning. I made french toast for us and coffee for me. I tried to do my physio exercises but SJ kept climbing on top of me – we had lots of fun and giggles.
- We then headed to the farmers market to buy some eggs and cauliflower and fresh bread. I love going to the market. Seeing all the fresh produce and the people and the sense that the whole weekend lies ahead makes me happy!
- From there, we went to SJs Baby sports group where we had a lovely time.
- After a long nap during which I blogged and cooked, we visited my mum together with my brother and his kids.
- And then we went to pick up Eddie! Hurray. I am so happy he is home.
- Finally, I am quite pleased about how well this 100 Day Project is going. It’s been so fulfilling!
What were your highlights this week? I would love to hear all about them.
This is Day 12 of my 100 Day Project. You can learn more about my 100 day project by reading this post. If you want to do your own 100 day Project, I would recommend checking out the 100 Day Project website.