5 min read
I wanted to capture some things that I have felt really grateful for lately. Life definitely isn’t only highlights but I find that the more I look for the good, the more it seems to show up.
Last week I traveled to Berlin. It was my first trip all on my own without SJ. Edd is in England currently, so she stayed with my parents. I am so grateful that:
- She had a good time, she was really excited when I told her she was going to have a sleepover at the grandparents and she seemed to have had a lovely time.
- I traveled by train and it all went well. I had a good seat, the aircon didn’t malfunction (this has happened on German trains in the height of summer a few times) and friendly people who sat nearby. It was pretty chill to just sit for 7 hours, read, knit and look out the window.
- In Berlin I stayed with our old landlady and neighbour. She became a dear friend during our time there and we always have such good conversations about books and feminism and life.
- The whole reason I went was to be part of our team day from my department at work. I was greeted with so much joy by everyone and received a bunch a farewell gifts for baby and me. It was a wonderful day, with delicious food, culture and lots of time to catch up. I came away feeling very appreciated and full in the best way.
Summer is nearing its end! We are currently having some rather hot days, but it gets nice and cool at night.
- We have taken quite a few trips to the pool recently and it just is the happiest of places for me.
- The tomatoes in our garden are doing super well in the sunshine and they are so so delicious.
- I am pretty content with my tan this year!
- There is just something about summer and spending lots of time outside, eating mostly salads and the smell of suncream in the air. I love it.
Right now, there are so many things to look forward to and enjoy:
- My dear friend Holly is currently staying with us. It’s so good to be around someone I have known for so long. She and SJ get on super well and it warms my heart.
- The baby is kicking more and more and I am savoring every moment.
- After this week I am off from work for four whole weeks!
- Next week, SJ and I will travel to England. We’re pretty excited.
- In early October we’re spending a week in Portugal with Edd’s dad and sisters. We haven’t been on holiday since last year May and I cannot wait!
- It’s nearly my birthday. My favourite day of the year!
Life is good. I never want to take all the small and big wonders of it for granted.