4 min read
This week had some bad moments (I had a mini car crash, no one was hurt but the car looks bad) but also many good ones.
These highlight posts are really good for me, as they help me focus on the positive. Overall, I am a pretty optimistic person but have tendencies to be melancholic or feel down easily. Looking out for things to be grateful for is good for my mind and soul.
Some favourite moments and things from this last week:
- No one was ill! Which felt amazing after the last month with various bugs and illnesses. It was good to be able to have a relatively normal routine of SJ going to nursery and Edd and I working.
- Edd and I went for a coffee date this week. We walked, the sun was shining and it was good to have some time just us.
- It was book club this week. I always come away feeling happy and inspired to read.
- In our small group we spend an evening having a traditional Jewish Passover meal. It was the meal Jesus had with his disciples during what we call “the last supper”. It was super fascinating going through the liturgy and also very delicious.
- A good friend of mine and I went to a local film showing. The movie was about motherhood. It was quite arty but really relatable.
- On Friday, Edd, SJ, my parents and some friends of ours went to the Black Forest where we visited our friend who lives on a small farm there. We had breakfast together and visited the animals. SJ had the best time ever.
- We built a cardboard “house” for SJ! It is basically just “walls” of cardboard and a little tunnel that she needs to crawl through to get in. She seems to love it!
What about you?
I’d love to hear about some things you are grateful for this week.
Also: Happy Easter everyone. I am praying you have a great time remembering what Jesus did for us so that we can be free.
This is Day 47 of my 100 Day Project. You can learn more about my 100 day project by reading this post. If you want to do your own 100 day Project, I would recommend checking out the 100 Day Project website.