3 min read
Whew. To be honest, this week was hard. Edd left for England early Monday morning (like eeeearly, before SJ and I woke up) and we really miss him. SJ woke up very snotty and unhappy on Monday and stayed home from nursery until Thursday. The days weren’t that bad, but the nights were kind of terrible. I am veeery tired. The weather has been wonderful but it is also prime hayfever season. I kind of forget about it every single year until I wake up sneezing and wheezing and with the desire to scratch inside my eyes and nose and ears. Ugh.
HOWEVERRR, there were also some things that brought me joy! Finding joy on every day is my thing.
Here are some fun links for your Friday:
- This guy‘s videos make me laugh. Edd would probably have a smiliar depiction of Germans. (“No not for fun, SPORT!”) Haha.
- After a little break I am listening to audiobooks again! After being obsessed with The Witch Trials of J.K. Rowling, I decided to listen to “Unfollow” by Megan Pehlps-Roper. It’s absolutely fascinating.
- I got “Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow” from the Library. I am only a few chapters in but can already tell that I will love this one.
- Yesterday morning I felt absolutely terrible, both physically and mentally. I cheered myself up with a playlist I created in 2019. It contains a couple of songs from an album my friend Sara made. It’s so good! Music has so much power.
- I attended a webinar by Jess Conolly and Go + Tell Gals with the title “Life Planning for Real Women“. It was really helpful and encouraging. Go + Tell Gals also have an ecourse called Rhythms of Worship and Work. I went through it before I had SJ. I feel quite inspired to look at the content again, it’s super helpful stuff. Life is so short and making time for our callings, for rest and joy is so important to me. I’d definitely recommend checking out the webinar and course!
- I did this back stretch earlier and it felt gooood.
- There was a season in my life where I wrote a lot of poetry (but hardly shared any of it). I like playing with words and rhythm and thoughts. Writing this post felt a bit like that.
Have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend!
This is Day 73 of my 100 Day Project. You can learn more about my 100 day project by reading this post. If you want to do your own 100 day Project, I would recommend checking out the 100 Day Project website.