3 min read
If you have read my blog this last week, you know that I am currently participating in Brita Long’s LoveBlog challenge. Each day there is a prompt for a topic to blog about. Today’s topic is little things. You can read my previous LoveBlog posts here.
Throughout my blogging journey I have often shared lists of little things that made me happy, highlights of my week or just generally what I am grateful for. I don’t know if these posts are interesting to anyone, but I love writing them.
If I am having a particularly good week, writing down all the wonderful things feels like really reveling in the experience. Also, it reminds me to not take any of this for granted. Every good thing comes from God. It is all a gift.
And in the bad weeks, it helps me open my eyes to see that even if things are hard, there is still so much to be grateful for. For example, my morning coffee. Sunshine. A friendly exchange with the cashier at the supermarket.
So today, I am sharing a brief list of little things that have brought me joy lately:
- Tulips! Fresh flowers are a guaranteed way to bring me joy (just in case you were wondering). I love these little reminders that spring is just around the corner.
- Running. I go through phases with exercise, but right now I am on a running high! We have a park right across the street and I just love taking lapse around it whilst listening to a good podcast.
- Mornings. I am not starting my new job until next week so I had time to have super relaxed mornings and long quiet times with God. That’s the stuff.
- This blog. I have loved being a bit more active on here. Writing has always been a passion of mine and the more I do it, the more I love it.
- Other people’s blogs. Through participating in this blogging challenge, I have connected with some wonderful bloggers and it’s been so great. Do you blog? Make sure to leave your URL in the comments, I’d love to check it out!
- Making progress on sewing my Landerpants! I can’t believe I am making myself a pair of trousers. Sewing truly feels like a superpower.
- Ali Edwards’ self portrait community project. I am starting two days late (when am I ever doing an instagram challenge and don’t start late?) but I am loving it still. It is so fun to experiment with photography and to see everyone’s take on the prompts. (See my take on the first day here.)
What little things have brought you joy this week?