2 min read
It’s Friday! It was our first week back after a week of traveling. Lots of work but also some fun stuff. Here’s a list of things that made me happy, inspire me and I am looking forward to.
The random Friday list:
- We made some big decisions this week. Scary and exciting. More on that soon!
- On Tuesday we went bowling with a bunch of friends from church. I can be quite introverted – I happily work on my creative projects by myself for hours or days. But I was reminded that there is also a part of me that gets filled up when I am surrounded by people.
- Edd started working in a new school this week which looks a bit like Hogwarts. It’s long hours and a long commute and I am so proud of him for working so hard.
- Currently reading “You are the girl for the job” by Jess Connolly. You guys. It is so good.
- I am in the final stretches of writing my dissertation. It will be weird to not be a student anymore but I am excited for a new chapter.
- This weekend we are helping to throw a farewell party for Holly, one of our best friends. After having been through a lot of illness she is now going on mission school. Her obedience and courage inspire me so much. She is currently fundraising – it would be amazing if you could contribute to her mission fund! It has been the best thing living around the corner from each other and I am sad this chapter is coming to a close. But I am excited to visit her all over the world and see what amazing things God will do with her.
- I am trying a new thing where I switch off my phone in the evening and don’t turn it back on until I have gotten up, made coffee and read my Bible. So far so good! I made this decision because I found myself wasting so much time scrolling first thing in the morning. And I really didn’t want Instagram to be the first thing that I look at every morning.