5 min read
Hello friends. I thought it would be time for a little life update.
In a recent Instagram post I talked about the fact that I miss daily blogging. I miss writing everyday, coming up with new ideas to write about and to just reflect on my life, my thoughts and to capture my memories.
Right now, I am in a bit of a creative slump. I don’t write, I don’t knit or sew or take very many photos. All I do (besides parenting and work and doing chores) is read or listen to audiobooks while playing sudoku on my phone. That’s okay. There’s different phases in life. But I feel the urge to pull myself out of this rut I seem to be in. I am pretty tired right now – physically, but also emotionally. I am not quite sure why.
Writing is self-care for me
Writing helps me to figure out things. What I feel, how I am, what I think. It is my way of processing. I have realised that writing is self-care for me.
So, I think I might take up daily blogging again. Or, almost daily. I am going to take weekends off, but will attempt to write and publish something every weekday. So not quite another 100 Day Project.
To be honest, it is likely I will fail this endeavour. We have four more days next week until SJs nursery is closed for almost all of August. I have a bit of time off from work but not loads. So we will see what I get done during SJs naps!
What else is going on in our lives right now
Right now, Edd is in the UK for three weeks. SJ and I have already managed two weeks on our own, so only one week to go! Solo parenting is hard sometimes, but I am getting better at working out strategies that make our life easier. And I have a lot of help from my parents. Also, I am actually really enjoying hanging out with SJ. She is really funny and I love watching her grow and learn new things every single day.
In less than two weeks we will be celebrating her second birthday, which seems mad! We have some really good gifts for her and I am super excited to see what she thinks of them. And to eat lots of cake and just celebrate our wonderful, smart, hilarious, courageous girl.
Some recent highlights
To complete this little life update, here are a few moments and things that brought me joy in recent weeks:
- Last week, SJs nursery had a sommer party in the woods and it was the loveliest time. She (like me) is always super happy when we are outside. And there was other children and food and games and it was all around great!
- After some very nice and hot weather we had a few colder days with bits of rain and it was rather cozy.
- Last weekend we met up with one of my best friends from high school, his wife and two kids. It was just so nice to see each other and hang out.
- I already mentioned this but I have done so much reading! It has been rather delightful. When I am not reading my main problem is not know what to read. Right now I have so many great books either on the go or waiting for me and it is the best.
- One of my parenting philosophies is to involve SJ in whatever I am doing as much as possible. Whether it is hanging up the washing, making food or doing dishes. The results are varied, but it’s also the cutest how proud she is when she is helping me.
- Edd send me flowers this week. It was such a sweet surprise.
What’s new with you? I’d love to hear how you guys are doing.