3 min read
It’s the last day of May. I can’t believe we are almost halfway through the year!
It’s been a good month – many bank holidays, warmer weather and some fun trips and outings.
May 2023: what went well
- Early in the month I attended a webinar hosted by Jess Connolly about planning. If you know me, you know that I love planning! There wasn’t necessarily anything new for me but I felt so encouraged to prioritise and make time to grow.
- I read some really great books this month. They have made me feel inspired to write.
- For a while I wasn’t sure I wanted to publicly talk about our miscarriage but I am so glad I did. It was helpful for me to process the experience through writing and receive so many kind anf comforting messages.
- Confrontation is normally something I avoid but I sought out a conversation with someone which wasn’t easy but very helpful.
- It would be an overstatement to say our garden is thriving but I have managed to do a fair bit of weeding and planting. It’s such a fun new hobby.
- May was a very social month. I managed to meet up with a fair few people and right now we are in England to see friends and family. I do love time to myself but I am also most definitely a people person.
- I finished a sewing project and cast on a sweater! Feeling very inspired to be creative right now.
May 2023: what could have been better
- I finished my last round of physio! It has helped a lot. Unfortunately I haven’t managed to keep doing the exercises as regularly as I would like to.
- Generally, I would like to become more consistent with working out again. The outdoor pool opened two weeks ago so hopefully I can get back to my weekly swims soon!
- I finished my Bible Study by the Daily Grace Co. which I have really enjoyed. However, since then I haven’t started anything new. Making time everyday to read the Bible and pray is so life-giving for me, I really would like to prioritise it.
- My goal for this year was to do my tax return by the end of March. So far, I haven’t even started… I should just get it done!
Overall, May was great.
May has been great overall. Despite hay fever, there is just something about spring that makes me feel so energised and happy.
How has your month been?
This is Day 99 (!) of my 100 Day Project. You can learn more about my 100 day project by reading this post. If you want to do your own 100 day Project, I would recommend checking out the 100 Day Project website.