3 min read
This week was hard. Edd was in England from Saturday to Thursday and SJ and I both caught a tummy bug. I didn’t get enough sleep all week and right now, I am pretty exhausted.
However, even in a difficult week there are so many moments and things to be grateful for.
So, here are some of this week’s highlights
- I am actually super grateful for our home. I love our flat, the big windows, the view and the garden. (Even though I don’t have enough time to look after it.)
- Also – my parents live next door! Their proximity and willingness to help at a moment’s notice saved my life this week. Not sure how I would have managed without them.
- I put on a sourdough starter! I love bread and am excited to bake some loaves of sourdough soon! I have already made some very delicious sourdough pancakes with some of the discard.
- Edd coming home was definitely a highlight! SJ and I drove to the airport together and her joy at seeing her daddy was the sweetest.
- I got some free fruit (a mango, some berries and a melon) from our local supermarket this week. They were bruised but still good to eat and I enjoyed them all very much!
- On Saturday I documented a day in my life. I really enjoyed it! In 2021 I documented a whole week, day by day. I read back some of those posts and it was so precious to be reminded of that time.
- I finished reading “Jamaica Inn” by Daphne du Maurier. I really enjoyed it! (Even though I didn’t love it as much as Rebecca.)
- SJ and I had a fun morning of thrifting and flower picking. I love spending time with her.
- The weather is getting warmer. I even left the house without a coat on one occasion which was lovely.
- Friday night we caught up with some good friends over zoom. We played a game called “Drawful” which is one of my favourite games to play ever.
- I made a very delicious Quiche Lorraine when Edd came home. I merged a couple of different recipes and it turned out extremely delicious (despite being dairy free!).
What were some of your highlights this week?
This is Day 41 of my 100 Day Project. You can learn more about my 100 day project by reading this post. If you want to do your own 100 day Project, I would recommend checking out the 100 Day Project website.