3 min read
It’s Friday! This last week wasn’t particularly exciting. SJ seems to be experiencing a developmental leap and getting new teeth maybe? She has not been the happiest of campers, which was a bit challenging!
But this blog’s (and my life’s) motto is: Finding joy, every day. So, here’s a list of things that made me happy, inspire me and I am looking forward to.
- Edd is coming home today! He was gone for almost two weeks and I am so so excited to have him home. I will go and pick him up for the airport shortly.
- I am happy to report that my reading slump seems to be over! I finished listening to “Happy Place” by Emily Henry this week. It was classic Emily Henry: very summery, feel-good, funny and romantic.
- Also, I am in the final chapters of “Tomorrow , and tomorrow, and tomorrow” by Gabrielle Zevin. It is amazing. I love the characters and the thoughtfulness and the story. Such a great read.
- I bought myself a little Mother’s Day gift: These earrings and this necklace. I am wearing both right now and am feeling like a very pretty Mama.
- I started going through Elise Blaha Cripes E-Course “Encouraging Creative Kids”. I am really liking it so far and feel inspired to do lots of crafting with SJ. I dream that one day we will sit side by side – sewing, knitting, scrapbooking and just enjoying the process of making something together.
- I love seeing everyone’s handmade clothes during this Me Made May! I am not actively participating this year but had so much fun pulling on all of my Odgen Camis for yesterday’s blog post.
- Speaking of making clothes – I cut out the Jackson Tee by Helen’s closet this week and am hopeful that I might get to sew it up over the weekend.
How’s your week been? What is something that has brought you joy?
This is Day 80 of my 100 Day Project. You can learn more about my 100 day project by reading this post. If you want to do your own 100 day Project, I would recommend checking out the 100 Day Project website.