2 min read
It’s day 75 of my 100 Day Project. I know I sound like a broken record, but I really did not expect to ever be at this point! When I begun the project I purposely set wide parameters – “over the next 100 days aim to blog most days”. I would have been happy if I had hit publish 40 times by the end to be honest.
And now I have already 75 posts!
Here are some thoughts on making it do day 75
- In a way, blogging has become second nature. When I see, hear, read or do something interesting, I think: I could blog about this!
- The blog is a wonderful excuse to think things through. There are so many times that I encounter things that interest me. But then they slip my mind. Now that I sit down everyday to write, a lot of this things make it onto the blog.
- I have never been a perfectionist but when it comes to writing I have high standards. I want to be coherent, easy to understand. My hope is that my words are fun to read, both due to content and language. I have definitely hit publish sometimes when I would have liked to keep editing. But daily also means imperfect and to be okay with that.
- That being said, I feel like I have become better at writing. I am much quicker now at stringing my thoughts into sentences. And more often, I feel mostly happy with the result of my typing.
- I am so committed now. This week, I could have done without “blogging” on my to do list. But I really care about not ruining my streak now. I have come too far!
- Encouragement helps. At times, blogging can feel like shouting into a void. Positive feedback (or any feedback at all) definitely helps me to keep going.
- I love to write. I love to finish something every day. This is giving me so much joy.
This is Day 75(!) of my 100 Day Project. You can learn more about my 100 day project by reading this post. If you want to do your own 100 day Project, I would recommend checking out the 100 Day Project website.