4 min read
In one month and 3 days I am turning 30 years old. Despite it being difficult to celebrate the way I had origianally wanted to (invite EVERYONE I know) I am still very excited for my 30th birthday.
Edd asked me to write a list of things I would want for my brithday so he could pick something off the list, that way insuring he gets me something I want but it still being a surprise. I really like this idea. (Also – maybe some other people need some inspiration as well!)
I am not a big gift person normally but I do love receiving presents on my birthday. And coming up with this list made me very excited for “my big day”.
So here we go!
My 30th birthday wishlist
- An overlocker. It’s time to take my sewing to the next level I think and an overlocker would definitely help that. (In case you don’t know what an overlocker is, it is a bit like a sewing maching but uses 4 threads to create seams, it can also cut off excess fabric at the same time. Cool, right?!)
- A label maker.
- A rubics cube. Learning how to solve one seems like a great goal to have before turning 40!
- A surprise weekend away somewhere.
- Pottery classes. My dream is to one day have an entire crockery set with big and small plates, mugs and bowls that I made myself. Taking a pottery wheel class, seems like a good place to start! (Also part of this gift would be that I don’t have to research classes myself but that someone else does all the organising for me!)
- Tickets to see Tom Misch.
- A spot in Hannah Brencher’s writing class. Writing a book is another bucket list item and I really love Hannah Brencher.
- A little holder thinger that I can stick to my guitar that holds plectrums.
- Also; more plectrums.
- Dance classes. I can’t believe I still have no clue how to do ballroom dancing! Salsa would also be cool. But any kind of dancing with a partner sounds super fun to me. (Again, someone else doing the research for this would be great).
- A trip to the Tajikistan Tea room in Berlin.
- Some high quality ear pods. I bought some cheap knock-offs a while ago but their battery life is shocking.
- A bottle holder for my bike. And a phone holder.
- A keyboard. (Like a piano one, not one for a computer). I used to play a little when I was a child and I would really love to pick it up again.
- A coaching call with Jess Connolly.
- Renewing my online subscription to my favourite German newspaper Die Zeit.
- A sports watch I can use for swimming, running and cycling.
- A jade roller. Gotta keep those wrinkles at bay!
- Tickets to see Lianne La Havas. Have you listened to her new album yet? It’s incredible.
- Dinner at the top of the Berlin TV tower.
- A museum pass so we can go visit all the cool Berlin museums for a year. Especially now when most places are still kind of empty!
- A cool snap cap. Preferably with leopard print.
- A fun activity planned every month of my 30th year. Like a celebration tour – celebrating this new year with different people in different places each month. Oh man I really love this idea ha!
- A hike somewhere in Brandenburg including lake swims and picnic. Living in Berlin is great but I do need a regular nature fix!
- An electric face brush. At almost 30 I still get breaktouts like a teenager…
- Theater tickets. There are so many cool plays starting up again in Berlin and I would love to make the most of living in this vibrant city with so much culture!
- Some soy candles.
- Pretty earrings. (Ask my friend Julia to pick them – she always wears such beautiful ones).
- Cool art for our walls. For example this, this or this.
- Lots of books! I have many that I want to read on my amazon wish list and my goodreads “to read” list…
I guess that’s enough!
This post is not entirely serious, even though receiving presents is lovely I am just so grateful to be alive and healthy and loved as I am turning 30. I am excited for the next decade! So far every year got better and better, I hope to continue on this trajectory!